SNAP OUT OF IT
“i feel like crap and i can’t snap out of it!”.
1. Talk to someone you love. <–and who unconditionally loves you! Grandparents are great! 2. Watch a kid play. Watch how he lives in the present, enjoying every moment.3. Watch a movie.4. Read a book.5. Read an inspirational story.6. Watch a TED video that inspires. <– i do this all the time!
7. Watch a Youtube video that inspires.
8. Recall great moments from past.
9. Think about the things you are good at. <–there are TONS!
10. Strike up a conversation on Twitter.
11. Connect with someone on Facebook.
12. Join a LinkedIn Group.
13. Browse through Flickr photos that inspire.
14. Check out Boston.com’s Big Picture.
15. Listen to music.
16. Attend a music concert.
17. Get back to that sport you stopped playing. <–or the dancing, the painting, the ________. DO IT!
18. Read an autobiography.
19. Read about the life of your favorite sportstar.
20. Read about successes and failures.
21. Read about underdogs who overcame.
22. Find a date.
23. Get married and start a family. <–slow down a sec. write your (to be) husband / kids a letter of thanks!
24. Draw something.
25. Read about something you’ve never read.
26. Visit a place you’ve never visited.
27. Learn a language you thought you could never learn.
28. Get some inspirational wallpapers for your computer.
29. Read some inspirational quotes.
30. Take a walk. <–every 3 hours get up and be outside for 7 minutes. “sunshine break” vs smoke-break.
31. Go on a long hike with a group of people.
32. Call up your old friends and relatives.
33. Sing out loudly.
34. Join a dance club.
35. Use StumbleUpon.
36. Go out with your camera and click some pictures.
37. Scour through the archives of your favorite websites.
38. Write anything. Don’t think, just write as the thoughts come.
39. Meditate in solitude.
40. Spend some time with nature.
41. Break your routine. Do something unexpected.
42. Read poetry.
43. Watch a play.
44. Explore religion.
45. Exercise. Do yoga.
46. Scour through Delicious.
47. Watch the sunrise and sunset.
48. Volunteer for a noble cause.
49. Help someone with a task.
50. Teach and share knowledge.
53. Play with your pet.
54. Cook something amazing. <–try dessert! invite friends over or bundle up & eat it all!
55. Celebrate a festival you’ve never celebrated.
56. Camp in the woods for a few days. <– you don’t need much and sites are about $15.
57. Form a new habit.
58. Quit something you’ve always been trying to quit.
59. Take part in a marathon. <– $ for charity + meet people + get in shape = WIN